He worked on it and worked on it, getting the machine to fit in the hole and sit at the right height and then cutting the plexiglas (mistakes were made but we both learned a lot from this process) and getting it all to fit and come together. Here is a series of pictures of that:
Making the height in the hole right.
The machine is in! Oh wait, gotta measure and cut the hole in the plexiglas...
This last one is cutting the hole for the cords to go through.
We learned that for the next machine that will go in this table we'll have to get new plexiglas so it will fit and be custom for that machine and we will use the dremel tool to cut the hole in it for the machine. There are a couple of small places in the plexiglas where it broke in the wrong place but for now we fixed that with clear packing tape and it is still smooth and will work great. I sat and sewed for a bit and it is so much nicer than sewing with the machine bed 3+ inches above the table top. When I learned to sew it was on machines that were in cabinets and I wished that the whole time I was using the Brother that I had that I had a cabinet for it.
I'm going to bind and free motion quilt a baby quilt tonight and see how I like it. I can not imagine that I won't like it. I am SO happy with how it turned out for not knowing what we were doing when we started, and the next time we have to do it we know what mistakes not to make. I am just as pleased as punch!
And so I leave you with this reiteration:
Best. Husband. EVER!