Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Finish, And....

I won't know until he wakes up, but I'm pretty sure hubby is going to give me "the look".  You know the look you get when you bring a bag of fabric in and he knows full well that you have shelves and shelves of the stuff already?

I upgraded my sewing machine instead of getting a replacement.  I figured I am getting a check the end of next week for cashing out my meager 401K from work so I decided I might as well while I had a bit extra.  So meet Violet, Peri's replacement.  I sewed on her for about an hour at the store to make sure there were none of the little quirks that Peri had right from the begining.


As you can see, as soon as I got her home I got her all set up in the table and started right in on trying to finish the Heart Log Cabin quilt.  THAT isn't the finish that I have for today though.  Yesterday I pulled my old Brother with the faulty brain out worked on small UFOs and I finished this wall hanging:


I also pulled out my disappearing 9-patch that I cut but then never sewed on and worked on it for about 3 hours.  I'll have pictures of it as it progresses.  As it is I hope to finish that Log Cabin quilt either tonight or tomorrow then I'll finish the disappearing 9-patch next, then back to the two "Man" quilts.

That gives me 2 finishes this year so far.  One a month which is right in line with my goal for the year, even if they are small, they were still both in my UFO pile and they are both now finished!

5 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

That's great news you got an upgrade and she works nicely!

Samantha said...

I didn't realize everything that was wrong with the other one. This is basically the same machine but more stitches and this has a touch screen. Most of the buttons on the other one were not working properly, the needle was out of alignment, the threader was broken(I wondered why I couldn't get it to work!), and the bobbin winder was messed up. SO happy I finally have a machine that works with no quirks!

andsewon said...

Happy you have a machine you enjoy now! Nice finish!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

the "did you buy MORE fabric?" eye...yeah, after 38 years, I've learned to get my "loot" past the scrutinizing eyes. =P It IS cheaper than therapy (well, if it's onsale, that is)

what a lucky-duck to get a new sewing machine! I hope you have some great fun with it. =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Hi, I am trying to make my pineapple block, but it has turned out exactly 10 3/4 inches instead of 9 3/4 inches. I am definitely using a 1/4 inch because I have a 1/4 inch foot and I've measured it for needle position. I am going to try again and trim a little more...