I upgraded my sewing machine instead of getting a replacement. I figured I am getting a check the end of next week for cashing out my meager 401K from work so I decided I might as well while I had a bit extra. So meet Violet, Peri's replacement. I sewed on her for about an hour at the store to make sure there were none of the little quirks that Peri had right from the begining.
As you can see, as soon as I got her home I got her all set up in the table and started right in on trying to finish the Heart Log Cabin quilt. THAT isn't the finish that I have for today though. Yesterday I pulled my old Brother with the faulty brain out worked on small UFOs and I finished this wall hanging:
I also pulled out my disappearing 9-patch that I cut but then never sewed on and worked on it for about 3 hours. I'll have pictures of it as it progresses. As it is I hope to finish that Log Cabin quilt either tonight or tomorrow then I'll finish the disappearing 9-patch next, then back to the two "Man" quilts.
That gives me 2 finishes this year so far. One a month which is right in line with my goal for the year, even if they are small, they were still both in my UFO pile and they are both now finished!