Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

W.I.P Wednesday

I was going to pull out all of my U.F.O.s, since they will all be W.I.P.s at some point this year (since in theory I can't start new stuff until they are done) and photograph them but about 1.5 bins into it I started finding things I had completely forgotten about.  Things that I started when I first started making quilts on my own and not just helping my Gramma.  Weird things that I don't have any idea how I thought they were going to work... Does anyone else have these types of things stuffed away somewhere?

I'm going to finish doing that for next Wednesday since I reallllllllly want to try and finish this quilting and get it bordered and bound by the 14th.  Tomorrow is out because I have to grocery shop, with the bonus of getting to meet up with Sunni and have lunch.  We found out that we lived within 20 minutes of each other while swapping Christmas blocks.

So here is what I'm working on until about midnight tonight, and then bed.  Then Friday I will continue working on it until it is done.  So I have decreed and so it shall be!  Look how lovely and pink Miss Peri is looking!


Don't forget to click my "Giveaway" tab and enter to win those 10 fat quarters!!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Studio V said...

Looks good! Have a great lunch!!

Lynette said...

What a pretty log cabin - I love the blacks and reds together! And, uh - yeah - I went through the process you're describing last January, and my resulting list was ***45*** projects long!!!!! I just dipped under 30 with the latest UFO finish, so it's moving along. To be fair to myself, 10 or 11 of those on the list were not actually mine. 1 each was each of my daughters' (but as I have to teach them how to do what they need to do, I count them on my list), and 8 were my cousin's projects that I rescued when she passed away. I know it's overwhelming at first, but you can get a system going and work through them. I'd recommend rewarding yourself and "being allowed" to do a brand-new project every 3 or 5 UFOs, or you'll seriously burn out on them. And don't overwhelm yourself by constantly going to the full list - I keep the UFOs listed on my sidebar, but my WIP list is always only 3-5 projects long. I just pull a project from the UFO list and put it on active WIP whenever something is finished. Works great without stressing me overly often.

andsewon said...

Wish you well in your UFO endeavor! I have decided on the ones I will continue with so rest will go or be placed back in the stash somehow. I do not have that many so all good! Have a fun lunch! Good luck with your quilting as well! Hope you get it all done in your time frame!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE those colors! That is going to be a really pretty quilt!

And I love your pink sewing machine! Love it!

Good luck on getting your quilting finished! I have got to get to my machine today!

xo -E