Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Here Comes The Sun!

We finally had a couple of sunny days here in the Pacific Northwest.  Yesterday was a bit chilly due to a cold breeze, but today was beautiful and warm!  Nearly 70 degrees!  I had the windows open while I worked quilting the quilt for my High School friend's grand-daughter.

The quilt top turned out better than I had hoped.  As usual I went into it without a plan, only that there would be pictures of Kitties.  When I finally got the top done I started thinking it looked a bit Victorian.  It took me forever to get it basted.  Hubby moved the bedroom around and so now the bed is long side against a wall instead of head against a wall.  I basted my quilts on our bed since it is built high off the floor and is plenty large so I don't have to bend over a lot.  I will have to do something about this turn of events since moving the bed away from the wall meant I was squeazing through spaces and kept smacking my hip on the corner of his desk. 

I posted a picture of my finished doll quilt on my finishes page but I won't post it here since I don't want to spoil it for my partner in case she reads my blog.

Here's what I've been working on yesterday and today.  Likely the quilting and binding will get finished up by Tuesday.  I hope Nattie will like it.


No comments: