Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

There Is A Big Bright Ball In The Sky....

Summer's a comin'!  Such lovely weather this weekend that I have barely been inside at all.  I've been a bit of a slacker when it comes to my blog also.  Mostly all I did last week was sort fabric and sew very little.

This coming week will see me finishing up my swap commitments for this month (April) and then I have to get things made for my Etsy shop.  If I don't start making some money I won't be able to buy fabric, and if I can't buy fabric I can't sew, and if I can't sew... well that would be VERY bad.

When hubby and I start discussing me getting a job, then I know I either have to find a way to make money with my crafting or start shining up my resume, and neither of us wants me to have to go back to work.

Next weekend daughter and I are going to get the garden put in, or at least get it started, and I have to get a queen excluder for the bee hive so we can get a honey super put on top so we can start getting ready to get some honey.  I love baking with honey as it gives everything a much better, milder, richer sweetness than sugar.

This weekend hubby has been building picnic tables and benches that a coworker ordered and he expects a few more orders in the next couple of months as well.  I'll post some pics as soon as he gets them assembled.  They are going to be really nice.

Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as much as I enjoyed mine!

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

No, don't go back to work! LOL I've always been interested in bee keeping, but think I would be afraid. Have u ever had any bad experiences?