Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sewing Update

I think I'm a pin basting convert.  I started adding up in the last year what I've spent on spray baste and what it cost me to buy the pins that I got on Tuesday.  With the new workspace that hubby got me that is belly button height, pin basting is not at all hard on my back like it used to be.  Still, basting a quilt is my least favorite part of the process.


I've decided that every 4 inches or so works well and keeps minimal wrinkles from the back of the quilt.  I am taking a break from quilting the pink monster.  It was like WWF out in the sewing area and my neck and shoulders were hollering at me.  One day I will own a longarm machine.  So I'm pinning up baby quilt number one.  Very simple squiggly lines on the seams on this one I think since it is a barter for someone loaning us their pickup and their muscles to get my workspace tables home.

I have 3 nephews that need quilts before winter, two tweens and one that is graduating High School in a couple of weeks.  Plus hubby wants his wolf quilt. The list never ends.... At least I get to spend my days doing something I love!

The other thing... I now have 93 followers.  I'm thinking maybe I'll have a little giveaway at 100.  Not sure what I'd giveaway, I'll have to think on it so I can make it something good. :D


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

I'm loving the colors in the quilt you are pin basting! Yay for your new belly button height table! I want one!