Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trying New Things = Good, Right?

Quilting has commenced on Pink Overload.  It is the biggest quilt that I've ever sandwiched and then quilted (usually anything over 50"x50" I QAYG), it is the first quilt I've pin basted, usually I use spray baste, and it is the biggest quilt I've ever decided to FMQ.  So far so good I think.  Only a couple of small tucks on the back so far, of course I'm only about 1/8 done so far.


I'm doing sort of a swirly thing on the 4 patches and the muslin blocks.  In the borders I have no idea what I'll do yet.  Trying new things is good.  Depending on how the back turns out (minimal tucks!) I might be a pin basting convert.  We'll see.

Hope everyone else's tuesday has been wonderful.

2 comments:

Cherise said...

I love this quilt! The quilting looks awesome! By the way... you won the traveling stash box over at my blog. I sent you an email but haven't heard back yet. Please contact me. Thanks! Congrats! Cherise @ www.sewinglyalong.blogspot.com :)

Studio V said...

Pretty quilt. I love the swirls! :)