Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

W.I.P.s Wednesday!

I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced today.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Today I'm working on the two bowtie quilts.  The QAYG one is on the machine getting the last section quilted, then I'll work on borders.  I hope to have it done tonight or tomorrow sometime, though tomorrow is hubby's day off and he will likely want to go running all over the countryside.  I think we are going with the kids to see Brave tomorrow also, but I have wandered off topic... the first Bowtie, made with the blocks that were already together when I bought the batch off of eBay about 7 or 8 years ago.  They were uneven and I decided to just use them since the quilt is to be used as a utility quilt here at home.


The other one is also a bowtie quilt, this one is the one I am making with the pieces that were not assembled so I got to trim them up and then piece them so they were all the same size.  I like this second one with the sashing and corner posts.  After I finish the QAYG one I'll finish adding borders to this  and then FMQ it trying out the Fab-U-Motion that my accross the street neighbor loaned me to try.  I'm kind of excited to see how it works.


Sunday is hubby and my 23rd anniversary.  We were going to try and go away for the weekend but his present is going to be delivered on Saturday so we decided not to go anywhere until that happened.  He knows what it is since he had to order it so it would be the exact one that he wanted.  If they deliver it soon enough we still might take off for the coast for a night.  I am so glad that he said "I really want this guitar but I won't have enough for another couple of months..."  I told him to order it and I'd transfer what I was going to spend on a present for him, though I had NO earthly idea what I was going to get him this year.  Usually I'm about 3 months ahead of the game but I was at a complete loss this time since I made him get his Kindle Fire a few months back and that was what I was going to do for our anniversary.

So.. I need to really jam on these two quilts since I want them both done by the end of the month... I think I might only get one done though, but still that will be 4 finishes for the month which isn't to shabby, considering I only finished 3 entire things last year!


5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Pretty Sami! I need to make some "for use" quilts for my house, too. Most of my days seem to involve a lot of running around these days. It's hard to get anything done, but I do plan to get into the sewing room tonight. Love your bowties! (and lucky you, to have a quilty neighbor!!)

Nita said...

The bow tie quilts are very handsome!

Studio V said...

Congratulations on 23 years!!!!

mary mahoo said...

Love your bowties. Happy anniversary. I'm glad to see I'm not the only wife who buys guitars for anniversary presents. Just a caveat (35 years this year)---they grow when the kids are gone. Last count here was 18 guitars (and somehow or another, the last 3 were bought for dh on my birthday!) Have a great weekend.

felicity said...

Four finishes for the month? I'd say that's pretty fabulous! As is 23 years - congratulations.

Love the bowties too.

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!