Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hearts and Star Wars?

As you can see if you are a regular visitor, I changed my back ground and stuff.  I just wanted everything to look a bit simpler.  I'll likely work on it some more at a later date, I am trying to limit my computer time today so as to get the maximum accomplished.

My spouse usually works from 10 P.M. to 7 A.M. with weekends off.  He had the last two days off and he is working 1:30 P.M. to 10:30 P.M. today and tomorrow so I figured I could get a lot of stuff done that I normally can't do while he is sleeping during the day.  Our house is small so even with earplugs and the door closed he can hear a majority of anything we do that isn't fairly quiet.

First thing I did was cut my long hair off really short.  I plan to start really hitting the treadmill hard come Monday and I hate sweating with long hair and even putting it in a ponytail doesn't help.  So now I'm almost pixie short again and I have to say I LOVE the way it feels even if 'other' people *cough* hubby *cough cough* likes it long and won't like what I did.  Sometimes ya gotta do what makes YOU happy.

Secondly I finished all the weird borders on the wonkily fussy cut Star Wars blocks so now I'm ready to checkerboard them all together and get some borders on.. if I can manage to stick to it I should be able to get it done by Friday (I think).

Next I didn't really know yet (I know I'm late getting it done) what I was going to do for my center block for the "Quilt You Be Mine" Valentine Mystery Round Robin so after I got the SW things done I started sewing small half square triangles from white on white and red with white dots fabric.  I figured I would just see where it took me.  It took me to not quite 10 and half inches square that looks like this which I am VERY pleased with.

Now I'm going to go and clean our bedroom which doesn't get done nearly as often as it should since I am NOT going to clean it in the middle of the night while the man person is at work and we are always doing stuff on his days off so I never manage to get it done then either.  I'm almost afraid to look under the bed and under the dresser.

2 comments:

Leo said...

I like your new blog design!
And congratualtions on the shorter hair ... I'm debating with myself about that too.
Tradmill .. isn't that boring? Is there no outside runnin path you can use?
Oh and don't look udner the bed before youvaccuum there ... there is non need to really now how much dust there is ....

Michele said...

I like the block a lot and you are right about the hair, it is you that you have to be happy with first.