So basically I started here on January 1 (Goal post here) I don't really think you can see the wave at this point but it was that blue and white fabric border that was the start of my problems:
I got to this phase still thinking that I could "quilt out" the problem which just seemed to magnify as I went:
After this picture I added another of those thin orange borders and started adding checkerboards and things just went downhill even faster so on the 21st I started tearing all the borders off. I took it down to here which got it back to where it was flat that was on the 23rd:
The good thing was the borders were for the most part already completely pieced except a half dozen flying geese, a few checkerboards and the entire piano key border had not been pieced at this stage so I started sewing borders back on, in a different order and got this by late on the 24th:
The 25th was spent piecing two more sides of the piano keys, sandwiching and beginning the FMQ. By the time I went to bed very early in the AM on Saturday the 26th I was here (this is the back):
Then the 26th, 27th, 28th and about 5 hours this morning were spent quilting and binding. And now, I am happy to say it is finished!
Today after it came out of the dryer this is the texture on the back:
And the texture on the front:
Front of the quilt. The light was not very good at all outside:
The quilt back (I almost like the back more than the front!):
The requisite rolled up picture just because I love them!
The quilt finished at 62 1/4" by 67 1/2" after the washing. I just LOVE how this one turned out. I think it is getting gifted to the person that I made it for later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning, whenever we can catch her at home. Part of my January goal was to have it done and in her hands by the end of the month, so it will be done!