Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gift Quilt Progress

I'm working on borders on the secret gift quilt and making some progress.  I still need to cut out and sew LaRae's (daughter in law's) tablet computer case also.  I'm going to work on that today then more on the borders when it's done.  Here's my progress so far.


Likely I will do another thin border of orange fabric and then checkerboards, one row down each side and then 3 or 4 rows on each end to make it more rectangley then another solid border on the outside.  I'm thinking maybe the top will be done before hubby starts vacation on Friday.

Hubby is on vacation from the 11th through the 23rd but we have no idea what we are doing or when.  I prefer "staycations" with day trips or maybe a long weekend road trip so no having a plan is fine with me.  He usually wants to "go somewhere" on his vacations but plans weren't made in time so we will have a couple mini vacations to see family and maybe a night or two at the coast.  I like not having a plan!

I had to order fabric for bee blocks so I'm waiting for that to get here so I can get them done and out of here.


Really the only other thing I was going to say I won't say today.  I might just write a post about it since I'm not sure exactly what I want to say about it.  Let's just say that I have had several people ask me a question and then at the end of last year I got a rather judgmental e-mail from someone about something and I've been letting it percolate before I respond to it, other than the one word e-mail that I sent back to that person.

Sounds quite mysterious huh?  It isn't really, just one of those things that I need to let percolate so I don't word things in a way that offends when really the last thing I ever want to do is offend anyone.

1 comment:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

The quilt looks amazing...I love the flying geese border!

Have fun on vacation and don't sweat that email too much.