Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Got The Sewin' Machine Blues!

I think I mentioned that my sewing machine came back from being serviced working horribly.  If not, I'm mentioning it now.  When I took it in it was working fine, I just took it in because it is my understanding that you should get your machine serviced once a year, so I was being a responsible $1300.00 sewing machine owner (most I've ever spent on anything for myself!).

I've been using it anyway because it is a 90 mile round trip take it back in and the weather hasn't been great.  Basically what it is doing is the same thing that the Pfaff Ambition 1.0 that I bought first was doing.  I put the pedal to the metal but it goes slow and sputters and occasionally I get a small burst of speed out of it.

I've unplugged and replugged it.  Changed thread and bobbin.  When I called about it they told me to make sure my iron is on a different circuit as that can cause this problem so I ran an extension cord from an outlet in the main house.  The addition where I sew has it's own breaker box so a totally different circuit.  I even reset all the breakers.  Nothing fixes it and it is so frustrating since I was trying to sew FAST and finish up a utility quilt Log Cabin to take to Oregon with us and give it to Aaron's aunt, since she told me that the quilt I made her 17 (?) years ago is in tatters.  It also was just a simple utility quilt made out of calicos.  This one will be much prettier if I can ever get it done.

So... I decided when my frustration level started making me growl and grumble to start on something that I promised my oldest I would make for him:


It will look more manly when I'm done with it.  I'm making up my own pattern for something we saw on the internet and he asked if I could make one.


5 comments:

stitchingandbacon said...

I am sorry about your sewing machine :( But, what a compliment that a quilt you made got used so much it is in tatters! I feel like there is no greater compliment than something I made getting used to death.

Lane said...

90 miles, huh? That's a bummer. If it's not the power supply, then the only thing I can think is to shake the pedal and see if anything got in there in transport. I got a pin wedged in mine once and it did something very similar...just wouldn't get up to speed. Be well. Lane

Samantha said...

Thanks to Lane I fixed the problem!! I went out and shook the foot pedal, no noises. I took it apart anyway and blew it out with canned air. Guess what came out? About half a dozen dog ears!

Put it back together and now it is working perfectly! Thanks Lane!!

Michele said...

Having your machine misbehave really stinks. I hope you solve the problem fast.

Little Penpen said...

Bummer!! I hope you get your machine back in working order soon. :(