Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday

Soooooo... we have no water. Can't shower, can't make tea, can't do ... you know any of those things you need water for. I'm sewing since I can't do anything else, but you ever notice how when you can't have something you want it more. I am really feeling quite thirsty... and icky! I want a shower, mostly because I know I can't have one!

Also, I can't go to town and purchase any water because hubby and I share a car and he went to day shift permanently so he has the car.  This can only mean one thing.. I am sewing!

I decided to start adding borders to one of the Quilt U Be Mine tops that Rachel  sent me.

Here is where it is starting:


And here is where I'm at right now.  Making flying geese!


I was also feeling weird for breakfast so at 8 AM I peeled a baking potato and cut it up, peeled a yam and cut it up, a small onion diced, added a cup of frozen corn, a cup of frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower, yellow and zucchini squash 3 cups of water and 4 chicken bullion cubes.  I boiled this all together for about 15 minutes, added 1.5 cups of shredded medium cheddar and 1 cup of sour cream, mixed it all up and brought it just back to a boil then took it off the heat.

I love it when my "oh lets throw this in and that in" turns out so good!  It was sort of like a chowder and VERY yummy!  The yam added a little sweet to it and mmmmm, mmmmmm,  good!

I plan to eat another bowl for lunch!

I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced.  Link in the sidebar! ~~~~~>>>>

6 comments:

Stella Nemeth said...

I like your flying geese. I think they are a good choice for the next border.

But obviously it isn't all borders. I like the way the project looks now, but it is going to be extremely complex by the time it is finished, isn't it.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

The quilt progress looks great! Hope your water is back on soon. I already took a shower but just hearing about it makes me want to take another:)

audrey said...

I hate when the water goes out. Super lame. I hope you get a shower, and pronto! I'm with Jamie Lee. Hearing about your plight makes me want to take another shower.

Your flying geese look great though! I love the addition of them. Super fun.

Studio V said...

Loving it!!!

Izzy said...

Sorry to hear about the water... :-(. Your quilt however looks great. Love those flying geese.

Rachel said...

The geese will be awesome!!