Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Productive Week!

It seems I am officially over taking a vacation from sewing.  This last couple of weeks has been very productive with the finish of Hubby's quilt and working on my "A Lovely Year of Finishes" project ~~~>> Link in the sidebar.... so that it now looks like this:


Then today I had to begin on one of the memory quilts that my Daughter in Law's best friend has commissioned me to do for her daughters.  I got the fabric order from Julie over at Intrepid Thread (again, I ordered it and 2 days later I had it!).  I HIGHLY recommend her shop.  I can't wait until I know the way to San Jose (and have a reason to go there) so I can go to her brick and mortar store and shop in person.


I got the first block for the teal Wonky Star quilt done and it has now been okayed and it is officially a go on that quilt!  I'm going to work on it as much as possible over this next week.  I'm not sure whether I will quilt each block separately and then sash them together or if I'll make the whole top and then FMQ it.


In other news we went to my niece's birthday party this afternoon at "Pump It Up".  This place is awesome!  It is basically a bunch of those blow up bouncy toys and houses and you get to just play like a little kid!  The one I liked best and did several times is something I am calling the Navy Seal slide.  You had to go through this obstacle course then climb a steep blown up and very bouncy and wobbly hill using little hand and foot holds then go down a super steep, super slick slide.  It was so much fun!  My hubby had a great time too.  He loved it even more than all the little kids did I think! LOL!

Speaking of hubby, he was also crafty this week.  He built this awesome thing for our daughter to put her beaded bracelets and chokers on!



Well that's all for me.  I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight after having my giblets bounced around. :D

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I'm loving that black and colorful quilt! Can't wait to see more of the memory quilts...it looks like it's going to be so happy!! Your daughters display rack is nice.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love that Churn dash quilt! What a great color way!!!