Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm Still Here.....

I haven't posted in a while!  The only excuse I have is that I haven't really been sewing much except for bee/swap stuff lately.  

I got my sewing machine back at the end of May, all fixed and working like a charm.  Finally it works right and I couldn't be more thrilled.... well maybe if Hugh Jackman knocked on my door that would thrill me more, but other than that I can't think of a way to be more thrilled than to have a sewing machine that works right. *smile*

My daughter has been making beaded things like crazy.  She got a commission to make this:
And made $25!

She made this for me:

I love it!  She has a few more of them in different colors.  I told her she should list them on Etsy.  She could probably sell them for $5 all day long. 

Yesterday I stopped at the LQS for some spray starch and they had THIS!! I settled for only half a yard of each but I was so super excited you just don't know....

Today I am continuing my work on this commission.  The lady I'm doing it for has two daughters and she has kept a bunch of their "firsts"  clothing and I'm making a quilt for each girl.  Teal wonky stars for the oldest and then hot pink wonky squares for the youngest.  I've got them all laid out chronologically.  The two outfits that are still in bags I'm trying to figure out how to cut them.  I'll also make more stars out of other teals to fill in so the quilt finishes out about 60 inches by 80 inches. 
That's where I'm starting today and here is the missing block.....

Well that's it for me.  I'm still alive and kicking and finally back to sewing now that I've got the youngest son's area all sorted out.  He moved back in and had to take over some of the storage/crafting/sewing/etc... room since hubby had already converted his bedroom into a music room.  Jay is fairly easy going though and said as long as he had a bed and place to set up his computer he was happy.

No comments: