Monday, July 15, 2013

ALYOF Mid-month Update Post

I've been hammering away at my goals slowly and steadily.  I ran out of fabric then had to wait for someone to get what I needed back in stock but it is ordered and should be here in a couple of days (I hope).

My main goal is Monroe's quilt and I got the center done and quilted.  I need to add a row of wonky stars to the top and another to the bottom and then I'll do some borders to bring it up to 65 x 85-90 inches.  As long as my fabric gets here I am sure I can get it done this month.  

I'm hoping to get Reagan's quilt completely done also.  I'm not quilt as you go on that one so I can probably get the top done by the end of this week then I have to figure out how I'm going to do the back.  I might decide to do it as a quilt as you go also, we'll see I guess.  After these two quilts I'm NEVER, EVER using fleece in a quilt back again.  The reason I did is because the fleece was from their "first blankets" and their Mom wanted it in the quilts somehow.

Anyway, here are my progress pictures.  I still also have to make labels to put on the back of each block telling what outfit the centers of the blocks were made out of.




Things I have to get done in July:
Stash Bee Block for June and July plus angel blocks
Commissioned quilt top for Monroe (center is done and quilted)
Commissioned quilt top for Reagan (4 blocks are done)

Things I'd like to get done additionally in July:
Monroe's quilt FMQed (half done!)
Reagan's quilt FMQed
Global Bazaar Dash Quilt top done

No comments: