Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

So This Came In The Mail.....

Just the way this was addressed made me love it more than the largest shipment of fabric I've ever gotten in the mail..... 



Hubby said he looked at the envelope when he took it out of the box and thought "Why is this coming to us....??"  Says it took a few seconds and then he was like "Oh Yeah!  Right....!!"

I was SO smiley when I saw it!

Only 15 more weeks until Korben is here.  I can't wait to meet him.  Hopefully I can finish the quilt that I started before the shower but I still am working on the two commissions and the finish for the MMMRR.  The kids know I'll be making about half a dozen quilts before he gets here.  I have so much cute fabric!

Every time I think about the baby I get a bit misty.  My maternal grandmother was the most important person in my life.  If I can be half the grandma she was then I'll be a really good grandma.  I can't hardly wait.  I asked Patty (my DIL's mom) via facebook the other day if she thinks either of the Grandpappies are going to get any baby time with her and I around.  :D  She suggested that we might have to draw up a schedule.

Our main fix up on the house involves finishing both bathrooms before the end of September.  Hubby is going to go up and seal the roof and fix the leak that we didn't know we had until recently in the second bathroom this weekend and then over the course of this next week I'm tearing out the ceiling and the tub enclosure and the tub, finding and buying a new fan and light fixture and putting down new vinyl floor.  Hopefully my still spasming back will let me do it.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned here that we bought our house as a foreclosure and we got it livable so we could move in and now we fix it up a little when we get enough money to do things.  It has been a 10 year project so far and there is still a lot to do but our house payment is less than $600.00 a month which has enabled us to only live on one income so it is worth it to go slow and do a little a here and a little there.  I can't wait until one day it is all done though!

I'm going to get back to quilting the wonky stars quilt now.  I have to go in little spurts so my neck won't spasm but it is getting done, slowly but surely. 

2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Feel better, girl and get ready to enjoy that awesome grandbaby. I have one of mine here with me this morning; he stayed all night here. He woke up a couple times during the night and said "Grandma?" and I answered, and he just said "hold me". I wrapped my arms around him and we went back to sleep. It's wonderful!!!

Michele said...

I expect that there will be very little sewing going on for a while once that baby arrives. But that is ok. Relish the time when you can.