Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday

Today is all about wonky squares since my fabric order STILL isn't here.  It did only ship on Monday so I guess I can give it another day or two.  I just get SO excited when I know fabric is coming and I am so used to Julie at Intrepid Thread getting my fabric to me 2 days after I order.  She has spoiled me.  Now if I order from somewhere else if it takes mere mortal normal shipping time I start to get antsy.  Yeah, I'm crazy, I know.


And my leader/ender project of the moment.  I really should be doing flying geese as the leader/ender for the borders on the churn dash quilt top but these 30s repro charms have been calling my name.  I got them on eBay years ago and they were supposed to be 5" charms but they are closer to 4 3/4 so I am cutting them into 2 1/4 squares and making scrappy 9 patches then sashing them with natural muslin for a really vintagey old fashioned look.  I love how it's turning out even though I've only got about 5 blocks done and only 2 together so far.  

This will be a quilt for our house as my daughter came out to check and see if I wanted some iced tea or something and said "I really like how that looks!"  I'll take it up to twin sized (which will mean I get to go buy some 30s repro fat quarters for borders!) so she can use it on her bed.  I'm thinking in the ditch quilting with free motion feathers in the sashing.


I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced!

No comments: