Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

My New Quest

In a quest to have more time with family (since soon our first grand will be here) I've been not sewing during the weekends unless there is really nothing else happening.

I did add the last side of the last border to my Churn Dash top yesterday but that only took about 10 minutes since I had everything ready to do it.  Then I spent the rest of the day sitting around with my daughter, watching some TV and chatting.

Today we are meeting up with a friend for an early supper and a visit.  She is my next commission quilt so I'll show her some idea pictures and we'll discuss what she wants.  I'm making a wedding quilt out of family (both sides) linens and wedding dresses.  I'm scared half to death that I will really mess it up but she trusts me so I'll do the best I can.

She says her daughter and fiancee are very traditional so likely I'll just have them choose a color scheme and the quilt will be a traditional double wedding ring with the centers as the family linens and dresses.  I'm hoping she'll actually choose one of the liberated wedding ring patterns that I have found but I don't have TO much trouble sewing curves so either way it will be fine... I hope.

Weekly Goals Sept. 30-Oct. 4
Get surprise quilt top done I'm 1/3 of the way there
Get Churn Dash sandwiched and ready for quilting
Get surprise quilt sandwiched

Monthly Goals October
Get Churn Dash done and listed in the Etsy shop
Get surprise quilt done and ready to gift
Start on Wedding quilt
Start on Memory quilt for Patty
Finish one more quilt for Korben (I have 4 planned I just need to pick which one I'll do)