Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Beginning

Three large contractor bags full of clothes to make a couple of memory quilts looks like this, out of the bags.


I decided I am going to make two quilt tops.  One will be with the many different colors of pedal pusher pants fabrics and will be a scrappy trip quilt top.  The second will be a crazy quilt made with the many embroidered and printed shirts as focal points in the blocks.  I'm starting today and using the backs of the shirts as the quilt back at least for the crazy quilt.  I'm hoping to have both tops done by the end of the month, that will happen if I can con my daughter into helping me take out seams and press. 

These quilts will be very special to the people they are for, so I'm going to work on them exclusively until they are done.  Hopefully I can get them both finished before Thanksgiving.  Easy peasy unless I end up getting the call that I got the job I applied for.

There is a lot going on around here just now for sure!  It's also only about 4 weeks until our grandbaby gets here.  There is a lot of excitement in the air.

No comments: