Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Month of Thanksgiving

I haven't posted because I've been slightly busy.  I'll catch up though. :D

November 1: I am thankful that this little guy is here, is healthy and oh so adorable!


Korben!  Born Monday the 28th at 12:46.  He weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 20 inches long.  He has a full head of hair and is SO cute I can hardly stand it.  I LOVE being a Grandma and I'm sure it will just get better as he gets older.   Here's a picture of him right after he was born.  Lookit all the hair!


November 2: I'm thankful for family.  We spent the afternoon at the kid's house with the other set of grandparents and one of the great grandpas and the aunties and uncles.  Growing up my Dad's parents and my Mom's parents didn't really gel so we didn't spend any time with all of our family around.  My maternal grands lived about 20 miles away so we saw them every weekend and almost every holiday.  My paternal grands lived about 2 hours away so we saw them about every 3 months or so.  I sometimes wish everyone had been a little closer together and had gotten along better.  I'm glad to say that we love my son's in-laws and I think they like us too.  We are all going to spend Thanksgiving together.

November 3:  I'm thankful that starting tomorrow I'll be working outside the home again.  Sure it's nice to be home and get to sew and do whatever I want but I really miss being out in the world and having something to do and a place to be every day.  I can't wait to start!

Today the daughter and I are going to go and do a little last minute grocery shopping so that she and her brother don't starve while I'm at work all day (they are 20 and 22 so I'm sure they could fend for themselves but I feed people, it's what I do!).  While we are out I'm going to drive my commute route one last time.  I haven't really scoped out the parking yet so I need to do that since it is all paid parking.  I'm thinking I might ride the bus since the company does a stipend for mass transit then I wouldn't be paying to drive and park.  This month though I'll have to since the mass transit stipend takes a month to kick in.

Anyway, other than doing some 'have to' sewing this afternoon there isn't much going on.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as much as I enjoyed mine and I'll see you when I get some time. :D

1 comment:

Algodão Tão Doce said...


Amei de paixão conhecer o seu blog,achei muito fofo seu bebê, aproveite bem esse tempo maravilhoso, pois passa muito rápido!!!Parabéns vovó!!!! Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.