Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

September Goal Setting

I'm going to go back to goal setting at the beginning of each month and see if that helps me start to get more accomplished in the sewing room.

As I've documented, I've been making steady progress on the first memory quilt.  I hope to have a queen sized quilt finished by the end of this month.   That will be my Lovely Year of Finishes Goal for September.

This quilt is made from my son's Grandmother-in-law's clothing.  The front is Crazy Quilt style with the Flying Geese being made from the last outfit she wore.  I was asked especially to make sure that was in the quilt so I decided to make them fly up the quilt.  I still have either 4 or 8 blocks to make.  This is a quilt as you go project so once the center is done I'll be adding borders to incorporate much more of the fabric from her clothes.




The back of this quilt is made from her tee shirts.  When she passed away Patty (my son's mom in law) Gave me a blue roll away case full of her Mom's crafting supplies.  The sashing that you see on the back of the quilt is made from a 2 yard piece of fabric that was in that case.  I think since it is something she chose and liked that it would be nice to include it in the quilt as well.  It is a home deco weight fabric but since there are so many different types and weights of fabric in the quilt already I wasn't concerned about using it also.



I also hope to have my Churn Dash sandwiched and the quilting started. (remember this?)

We are going to need more quilts in our quilt pile before the really cold weather gets here so I'm hoping to get 2 or 3 things that are almost done, DONE! so we can use them. We'll see.  I think the goal of the memory quilt will probably be more than enough for September though.  Did I mention how much this overtime at work is cutting into my sewing time?  It is my major whine. LOL!!

Of course the other thing I have to get done is Stash Bee blocks also.

AND... remember how I said when I'm sick and can't do anything I spend money on fabric I don't need?  Well, along with 2 yards of Kona Pepper (which I seem to use an awful lot of) I went on a Paisley spree.  I got 2 yards of each of these.  The top two are Kaffe Fassett Paisley, a huge print and so gorgeous.  I know just what I'm going to do with them.  The bottom two are Field Day Paisley and I have a pretty good idea of what they will be turned into also.  First though the top two projects and other things I have laying around waiting to be finished!!

No comments: