Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Memory Quilt Done

I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago but I finally got to deliver it today.  This was the post that I did after I got the clothing. The Beginning.  As you can see it took me a little more than a year, instead of the 2 months I was hoping it would take.  That's what happens when you get a full time job!

The second quilt top is not even started but it is on my list.  Right now I have exactly 7 days to finish up some small projects for a Craft Fair at my work.  My daughter has made several dozen beaded projects, thank goodness, or we'd have nothing for our table!

I think I can get several cup cozies, a baby quilt and some hot pads and a couple of table runners done before then as long as I use things I already have started.

The back of the quilt is made from her tee shirts, with the sashing and the borders on the back made from fabric that was in a huge stash of crafting stuff that Patty gave me of her Mom's.  The crazy blocks on front are made of Ruby's clothing, with the Flying Geese being made from the last outfit she wore.  The black sashing an borders on the front, thread, batting and time are all that I added.

So, the pictures of the memory quilt.  They are also up on Flickr.



1 comment:

Michele said...

Very nice. I have 3 memory quilts to make for young daughters of their mom, once the clothing arrives of course. I had wanted to get them done for Christmas but there is no way that is going to happen at this point.