Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

End of the Year and the Start of a New One!

I seriously can't believe the year is gone already.  It seems like time flies way faster when you have to go to work every day! 

Korben (first grandbaby) is running all over the place and starting to talk.  I don't get to see him nearly enough, which is the one thing I don't like about working.  My son posted this picture on Facebook with the caption "In Mother Russia, hat wears you!"

 

Like most people I have several goals for the new year.  Work goals include learn a couple of new skills so I'm a little more valuable.  It has been a rough year with several lay offs where I work so I figure the more I know, the more likely they will keep me until I'm ready to retire.  I really, really am very happy with this job and plan to stay there until retirement.

Home goals include finishing the main bathroom remodel which we've been at for a month now, but I can confidently say it will be done by this coming weekend, mostly because all that is left is mudding the drywall, painting and doing the trim then installing the toilet and sink.  The hard parts are already done.  Next on the list is a complete kitchen/dining room/living room remodel to make it into a Great Room which combines all three.  After that we will likely make the craft, junk storage, youngest boy's crash pad into a family/TV room.  Also this year I want to get a greenhouse and garden going.

Craft goals.  One project a month finished from my UFO pile.  The only new thing will be a wedding quilt for someone I work with that must be done by April.  I am doing the Tennessee Waltz quilt in 9 inch blocks, queen sized.  Everything is ready except the 4 yards of 'alternate' fabrics that are on their way to me right now via the good ol' USPS.

January: Finish the Jacob's Ladder quilt that is so close to done that I can't believe I've let it sit for nearly 2 years just waiting! and cut and sew all the blocks for the wedding quilt. Those are my January goals. Anything over and above that is just frosting!

My daughter also started piecing her first quilt and it is coming along really well.  She has about half of the middle part done.  I have been forbidden from posting the pictures I've taken until it is completed. I'll likely be her ironer as she sews like I was doing for the first part. And if I'm lucky she will be my ironer while I piece the wedding quilt!

1 comment:

Michele said...

He's so adorable and I wish you the best at accomplishing your goals this year.