Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Brrrrr....

Just a short one today.  I promised myself I was going to keep up on this thing but I'm not doing a very good job of it!

We are still doing overtime at work.  I don't mind because I still, after 2 years, really like my job.  Downside?  Not much time to sew.  

I have Korben's Superhero quilt on the mid-arm and will start quilting on it tonight.  He is only 2 but I went over board and made a double size quilt that will look like a comforter on his little twin bed, but his Mama has a tendency to swipe the quilts and use them so this will be big enough for them to snuggle under together.  She uses my son's quilt more than he does and her quilt is on Korben's bed right now.  Anyway....

Big ol' wind storm yesterday.  We lost power a couple of times but it was only out for about an hour so that is an improvement over what usually happens.... no power for days.

Hubby finished the chicken coop and we moved the chickens into their "mansion" (yeah, he went overboard and it is a mansion and should be for what it all cost!) a couple of nights ago.  They are loving it.  A lot more room than the little bin they were living in for a month.  He is going to get some more eggs from a lady he works with and try to hatch about 6 more.  We have 10 right now, they hatched on October 19th.

The only other thing of note is our fat cat (not so fat now) is a diabetic.  We've got him regulated after a couple of weeks of consulting with the vet, diet changes, glucose monitoring and insulin injections.  We got lucky because I knew the signs so we caught it super early and the vet says he is likely going to go into remission which it looks like we are heading for.  He went in 2 weeks from two units of insulin twice a day down to one unit once a day so that is really good. My daughter is really happy since he is her favorite. 

Pictures of the quilt once I get started on the quilting.  I'm just going to do something really simple for the quilting since I want him to have it fairly quickly so he has something really neato to snuggle under before the really cold weather gets here.  

I guess I better get my rear in gear and get out the door.  That's it from here!

1 comment:

http://1writingservice.com/ said...

It is really awesome that you still love your job! You have a good job and rewarding hobby) And also you have a wonderful grandson!