Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016! Goals and Thoughts

First things first.  I did not finish the quilting on this beauty by the end of the year.  We had so much overtime at work and I was just so exhausted (we will get to this later) that it did not happen.  I have about 15-20 more hours of quilting to do, then the binding.  This is my January sewing goal.  To finish this quilt!  I will be setting a "finish" goal on the first of each month.  This seems to help me keep focused for the most part. 


I have also decided on the fitness front that I will lose these extra 70 pounds I've been carrying around for the last 8 years.  I haven't gone up, occasionally I've gone down by five or ten pounds but now it is time.  

About 8 or 9 years ago we were in a car accident that messed up the left side of my body.  My left hip hurts almost all the time, my left shoulder and neck and head hurt almost all the time.  It has been really hard for me to force myself to exercise, knowing that I will pay in increased pain.  

When you live with nagging level 1 or 2 pain on a daily basis it is very hard to make yourself do things that are "good" for you, knowing it will ratchet the pain up to a 4 or 5.  I have worked out a plan to get fit and probably make my pain completely go away.  Massage has been a huge lifesaver for me and will be an integral part of my life, along with a lot of stretching, yoga, gentle strength building and very simple cardio.  All of this along with a smart eating plan should allow me to reach my weight loss goal, gently, slowly and steadily.  I must do this.  I need to be healthy again!

Work goals are many.  After 2 years I still LOVE this job.  There is an opportunity coming too change jobs within the company, learn more and grow my knowledge and I have been thinking long and hard about it and whether I want too try for it.  I've had a few people tell me I should apply but I think I have come to the conclusion that I would like to stay where I am for now.  There is a lot more to learn at the position I have and I haven't even reached the midway point yet as far as knowledge or salary.  I might change my mind, but for now I think I'm going to continue to learn and grow right where I am.

2015 was really good to me.  I got to spend time with people I love.  I got a promotion and pay raise at work.  I sewed more than in 2014 and finished a few things.  I'm sure 2016 is going to be another year of ups and downs (they all are) but overall if I focus on the positives I'm sure it will be another great year!

That's it from here for now!

2 comments:

Michele said...

It sounds like you have a great plan for this new year and I'm really glad that the job is going well. I hope you are able to accomplish your goals.

Little Penpen said...

Happy New Year! small consistent changes are always better than making huge changes that we can't keep up! Best Wishes for a successful year. What kind of job are you working?