Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

I'm still alive.....

Yes, I am still here.

I hope everyone had a lovely day with their families yesterday and if you are like me and get a long weekend I hope you will do something fun that you really want to do with the rest of it.

I will be cleaning my bathroom.... once that is done I get to sew though!

I did finish the wedding quilt I was making 2 days before the wedding on June 5th.  I just haven't had time to do much of anything other than work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep... you get the gist.

Wedding quilt for William and Kelly:


After that my daughter decided to box up her room so she could do a remodel.  All of her boxes are stacked around my sewing area blocking my access to the quilter and the machine I usually use to piece.  Despite that I finished a baby quilt in October for a coworker who loves owls. I backed it with Care Bear fabric because my co-worker's name is Carrie and a couple of us call her Care Bear... I only call her that in my head.. ;) LOL! 

Carrie's baby quilt for Baby Lily:



The only other sewing I've done is I'm working on a Pineapple quilt in fall colors or earth tones (whichever you prefer) for Patty, the boss I had before I transferred teams to the job I have now.  My new team and I are already planning the quilt for my new boss for next year's Bosses Day.  I get to fabric shop in the very near future for that.  The pattern they picked will be quick but I plan to embroider the blocks so that will be the most time consuming part.

Basically that is it here.  Just a lot of working.  The new role I have at my company means I don't get to work from home as often as I used to but my new boss told me that if I am feeling comfortable enough with what I'm doing now I can start taking a day once in while to work from home so that will be nice.  It will save me the 2 hours or more that I spend commuting each day.  Maybe I could spend that time sitting at the sewing machine. :)

Everyone stay safe and warm!

That's it from here for now. 

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi. Nice to see you blogging again. The wedding quilt turned out really beautiful. Hopefully you'll get the chance to do a bunch more sewing soon.