Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Does This Happen To You?

I'm just curious...

When you are almost done (like working on the quilting on the last border) with a quilt/project do you find it really hard to stay on task and actually finish it?

I do!  I keep thinking about my next 3 projects, then I stopped quilting and pulled them out and laid them out and looked at them and started planning what I was going to do about them...

So does anyone else do this?  I am going to try very hard to finish this border after I run to town and get some essential groceries that we ran out of over the weekend.  Hopefully I'll have a new quilt to put on our bed tomorrow, if I can just make myself stay on task!!

3 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Yes, I have lots of almost finished quilts. I think it's because I grow attached to it after spending so much time working on it that I'm not ready to let go. I don't do it on purpose, but like you said, I always find something else to do or new fabric to start working with. I enjoy the beginning of the process much more than the end.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Yes I do way too often, I believe Like Jamie I love to plan, getting it finish is a challenge I need to improve on.

Lane said...

That happens to me all the time. It's like I work on it so hard that I just run out of steam before it is finished. Sometimes I can power through and sometimes the quilt needs to sit and rest for a while before I can finish. Lane