Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Traveling Stash Reminder & A Finish!

Just a reminder that I'll be drawing a winner for the Traveling Stash sometime today 3/11 so head over here and get your name in the hat!

Yesterday, after being up until 4:00 AM friday night/saturday morning organizing my sewing area and getting all of my projects that are UFOs cataloged and listed, I decided to do something easy and fun.  I made another Kindle Fire cover.  My hubby loves it but said he would like one that isn't so .. pink. :)  So I'm tossing it in the Traveling Stash box in case someone else likes it.  The only thing is I need to get different velcro things.  The sticky on the ones on the Fire cover kept coating my needle so I gave up on stitching them down.

Here are pics!




Today hubby and I are getting massages!  I'll draw for the Traveling Stash sometime this evening. :)  Good Luck everyone who enters!


4 comments:

Richard Healey said...

Oh so excited about the stash cant wait tell you announce who it goes to next.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

Needled Mom said...

Have you tried the iron on velcro? I heard it is great?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great cover! I use Velcro without anything on it and just pin in place. My sister bought me some of the stick on and you're right....it gums up your needle.

Lynette said...

I love the kindle cover, I am busy making one for my hubby as he broke the glass on his last kindle. I'm putting a sun design on in orange and turquoise, and idea I got from one of the maestro quilters.
I've just made cute quilted owl cell phone covers for my kids and grand daughters, they love the little orange and pink colors. I find it handy to carry my Tracfone SVC phone for seniors in my owl pouch around my neck, in case of emergencies. I like the $15 phone because it has larger keys and letters on the screen so I don't have to strain my eyes when making or taking a call.
I think velcro works very well on the pouches and I keep the velcro on with a pin in place too.