Pages

Friday, June 14, 2024

What I'm Up To

 Well, I guess this time it was a bit more than a year!

So, what's new in my world?  New laptop.  Still figuring it out since my old one was about 11 years old and couldn't run Windows 11.  My work computer runs 10 so I was sort of used to it I guess. 

In the last year husband has remodeled our addition to our house because "my" office soon became filled with his hobbies and things, so I was working at a desk in our bedroom.  Not the best thing when I get up a 4:45 AM to start by 5:00 AM (so I can get off earlier, assuming I don't work overtime, but we are so short staffed I'll probably be working OT until I retire... but I digress).

So now he has a room that is 12 x 30 for all of his hobbies and etc.  I have a room now that is part office (so he can sleep longer if he wants to, I need a HIPPA compliant space so he was having to get up and out so I could work) and part sewing room, let's be honest though, mostly sewing room. Which I can tell you makes me extremely happy.

I'm still working to get things organized and I need shelves but it is WAY better than the pile everything was in, in the teeny corner I occupied in the un-remodeled addition.







So that is better!  I have a standing desk and an under the desk treadmill so I have started walking at about a mile an hour during the day sometimes since I can still type at that speed.

I got my grandson's quilt loaded on the quilter and it is almost done then I have the next top ready to go on the quilter.  I'm hoping that since I now have my own space and the only time it isn't mine is when my daughter has her Friday evening gaming time.  She uses my room since there is room to set all of her stuff up in there (2 computers, a tablet, her phone and a bunch of books).

Anywho, I'm hoping now that I have a dedicated area I will be able to get back into this blog thing. 

Also, grandson had his school play last Thursday.  He's 10 now and I'm not really sure where the time has gone. 

:) Here he is with his mom and dad, my son. :)




No comments: