Monday, August 12, 2024

Almost there!

 I can remember when our kids were small and we'd go on camping trips, (when my sweet spouse could get time off from work), which did not happen as often as it should have.  The kids liked these adventures, except when forced to hike to go look at things.  The oldest who was 5 years older than the middle child would complain nearly the whole time we were walking, the middle and the little generally got carried most of the time when they started to whine.  In the car we always got the age old, "Are we there yet?  How much longer?"

"We're almost there!"  I, the navigator, if we had a map would point out where we were and where we were going.  Tell them the amount of miles, and the amount of time I estimated it would be.  Dear husband finally learned that he would have to stop occasionally to let us mere mortals take a pit stop, which then caused everyone to complain it was taking to long to get there.  Of course, if everyone had packed the night before like I had we could have left earlier which meant we wouldn't be pitching our tent in the dark, but I digress. 😁

All this to say, I'm almost there! 

I have the next one ready to put on the quilter once this one is done.  Both are going to members of the same family, the next one is a wedding gift for a wedding that was on July 13, but we did not know about until about 3 weeks before the fact.

I also have another wedding quilt in the works for a wedding that has already happened.

I also have the "back" that is now a "top" ready to put on the quilter once the wedding quilt comes off.

No overtime this week or next, I am burning out so I am taking a break.  No overtime means necessities only and no buying sprees. We'll see if we can stick to that one. 😁


No comments: