Friday, August 23, 2024

Quilting Right Along

 Good afternoon!

I got my next quilt on the quilter yesterday evening.  I started quilting on it when I got off work today, on time.  This not working overtime thing is something I could really get used to, however I helped my boss plan next week before I clocked out and our volumes are through the roof next week so I'll be doing overtime.

Since we are in quarantine I will get to work on sewing all weekend, except for a couple of hours on Sunday when we Zoom into our Sunday Worship.

So on the quilter is this:



Then I pulled out a couple of WIPs to work on also.  

The Polaroid quilt for the daughter of a friend of ours.  Someone gifted me all of the Polaroid blocks.  I am adding to them to make the blocks bigger, then piecing them into a between Twin and Double sized quilt.


The other one I pulled out is the Marilyn quilt.  I talked to my lovely daughter-in-law and she would like a picture of the finished top once I have it all pieced so that she can let me know if she wants it or not. 

One of the blocks will have bright red lips, thread painted on.  I won't decide which one until the quilt top is completely pieced though.

I think after that I'm going to use some jelly rolls I bought and make 4 vintage looking  baby/lap quilts to list on Etsy.  I need to see if I can actually make things that people will buy since I want to start supplementing income for when I finally retire in a few years.  

I won't be working to full retirement age, I do know that much.  When it will actually happen, we are still trying to figure out.

I hope everyone will have a splendid weekend!


No comments: